Higher Education Commission (HEC) has announced Laptop Scheme for graduate and postgraduate students with the collaboration o Prime Minister Laptop Scheme. PM Laptop scheme has been provided Laptops to those students who are currently enrolled in any HEC recognized institute of Pakistan. The basic purpose of this scheme is to provide students with a chance to introduce information technology in Pakistan.
There is a large number of student who has got Laptops through this scheme in its 1st and 2nd phase. Now the government has decided to give Laptops through Phase 3. The registration for this Laptop scheme has started now. All those students who want to get through this scheme can apply before the last date and can get Laptop. If you are looking for Laptop scheme registration by HEC than you are at right place. Here you will come to know about the eligibility criteria and application procedure on this well-reputed site of Pakistan.
• The applicant must have a valid CNIC/ B-Form number. Students studying in public sector Universities/ Degree Awarding Institutes duly recognized by HEC.
• Students enrolled in Ph.D./ MS/ MPhil or equivalent 18-year program
• Students enrolled in 1 or 2-year Masters degree program (morning and evening)
• The student enrolled in 4-year or 5-year Bachelor degree program (morning and evening)
• Students studying as a distant learner in the Virtual University of Pakistan or Allama Iqbal Open University.
• Students learning in government degree or postgraduate schools of Federal Capital and Federally Administered social group Areas.
• Students of degree colleges of other provinces may be covered from respective provincial arrangements (if any)
• Students’ eligibility and ingress standing as outlined higher than shall be determined on the day of distribution of laptops at the HEI.
• Criteria for Students enrolled in distance learning program at VU and AIOU, and students of polytechnic institutes of Pakistan and AJK shall be defined in coordination with respective universities/ boards and will be updated accordingly.
• No laptop shall be issued to people who have availed within the past from such initiative(s) taken by the govt. or by the upper education institute.
Students are advised to Apply Online by Registering or Updating Profile at the following link of Students' Service Portal. http://pmnls.hec.gov.pk/. All those students who want to participate in Laptop Scheme need to do Online registration. Student meeting with above criteria can apply online for this scheme at HEC's website or the website given above. There you've got to form your Profile.
In the registration method there are following phases:
• First, you've got to enter your CNIC variety to fill the web registration kind.
• Secondly, complete the form with your educational information and then personal information.
• Now you have to confirm your phone number and email address because you will later notify by phone or email.
• It is compulsory that your e-mail and phone number is valid.
The number of laptops which are to be distributed under this scheme is 200,000; whereas the students' enrolment at higher education institutions, and more importantly "eligible students" are large in numbers. Therefore, laptops will be awarded purely on Merit basis amongst the students. Eligible students at each distribution level or group shall follow inter merit.
• 50% of the reserved quota be allotted for distribution to students in the first year following the advantage.
• 20% provision for those studying in 2nd year of their 16-year undergraduate program meeting the following criteria.
• 10% of allocated numbers to 3rd-year students in Bachelor programs
• 10% of allocated numbers to 4th-year students in Bachelor programs or Masters (16-year education) 1st year (5% each if both exist)
• 1 0% of allocated numbers to 5th-year students in Bachelor programs or Masters (16-year education) 2nd year (5% each if both exist).
• In absence of each, 100% are equally distributed to third year and 4th-year allocations.
• Students having secured 60% marks (for an annual system) or 70% marks (for semester system) or equivalent CGPA/ GPA in the Last examination shall only be considered for the Merit list.
• CGPA/ GPA to share conversion shall be ruled by HEC outlined formula.
• Any leftover laptops from any distribution level (i.e." (i.e. Academic level, Departmental, Campus, Institutional, or Provincial Allocation) may be adjusted as per the decision of Project Steering Committee.
To search the list of eligible universities, So what you waiting for? Go register yourself if you are eligible for this scheme and grab your Laptop. Best of Luck.